An open science initiative to collectively address the contemporary challenges of vaccination
Co-Immune is a collaborative and open research program elaborated and implemented by Just One Giant Lab (JOGL) which aims to tackle contemporary challenges related to vaccination by enhancing collective intelligence, using digital tools and open data. This program offers challenges, mentorship and an independent peer-reviewing system. It is open to anyone who wishes to contribute to building knowledge and innovative solutions around vaccination coverage in a collaborative and open science framework. Hence, ensuring an unlimited and open access and use of all produced material to accelerate the sharing of impactful initiatives.
Vaccination is one of the most efficient health interventions available to us (1). However, vaccine-preventable diseases are now on the rise in France and around the world (2), alarming the World Health Organization (WHO), regional and local stakeholders (1). In France, Agnes Buzyn, Minister of Solidarity and Health, has made this issue a priority (4). Co-Immune joins these ongoing global dynamic and efforts by proposing an inclusive and collaborative approach to increase the number and diversity of contributors and foster the emergence of open solutions.
(1) Organisation mondiale de la Santé. Plan d’action mondial pour les vaccins 2011-2020. Organisation mondiale de la Santé; 2013. 77 p.
(2) Cour des comptes. La politique vaccinale : un enjeu de santé publique, un effort à conforter. In: Rapport public annuel 2018. 2018. p. 38.
(4) Agnès Buzyn. Communiqué de presse du 18 avril 2019, Semaine Européenne de la Vaccination du 24 au 30 avril 2019. Une campagne nationale inédite et des premiers résultats positifs de l'obligation vaccinale.
Contribute to improving vaccination coverage in France and around the world
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
To participate to the program, participate to one of the challenges launched by Co-Immune. Their themes, questions, rules of participation and criteria of evaluation, are all describded in the challenges' pages.
To participate to the challenges, it's simple: create a project or join and contribute to already created projects to try and find solutions to the challenges.
You can also support the program or its projects by becoming an enabler. Contact JOGL directly through this link.
Committee for Ethics, Science and Impact (CESI)
Representing all stakeholders and the major disciplines involved with vaccination, an honorary and independent Committee for Ethics, Science and Impact (CESI) ensures compliance with legal and regulatory provisions, in terms of ethics and scientific integrity.
The CESI is also in charge of validating the rules of participation as well as co-elaborating the criteria for evaluating the scientific quality, relevance and impact of the projects that will be used by independent reviewers. At the end of the program, the Committee will rely on reviewers' evaluations to reward the best collective productions.
- Gilles Babinet, entrepreneur, vice-president of the Conseil national du numérique, digital champion of France at the European Union.
- Anshu Bhardwaj, one of the founding PIs of Open Source Drug Discovery in India, researcher at the Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity in Paris, and researcher and assistant professor at the CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology, India.
- Mélanie Heard, researcher and teacher at the Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity, previously advisor to the French National Authority for Health (HAS) and the French Ministry of Health and Solidarity.
- Juliette Puret, health economist focusing on sustainable access to vaccines for resource-limited countries, Senior program manager at GAVI, she has also worked for Doctors without Borders, the World Health Organization, and the World Bank.
If you are interested in joining the CESI, please contact us on email@example.com. We would love to have all the disciplines involved in vaccination represented.
Wish to participate? Have questions or considerations? Need more precision? Don't hesitate to contact JOGL. Click on "Contact us". We are here to answer any of your questions.