User data policy
This section is dedicated to the information we process for the functioning of JOGL.
Just One Giant Lab is a non-profit organization governed by the French law of July 1, 1901.
SIRET number: 82974635300020
JOGL head office address: Just One Giant Lab, MVAC, 23 Rue Greneta 75002, PARIS, FRANCE.
If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing, storage and/or security of your personal data that are not answered in the sections below, please send your request to data[at]jogl.io
Mandatory and optional nature + collection reasons of the user's JOGL personal data
Mandatory personal information, signaled by the symbol *, is requested from you in order to guarantee the best possible JOGL experience, personalize content and interactions we can offer on the platform.
For personal information of an optional nature, you conserve at any time the choice to provide or remove this information.
Here is the list of the user's personal data collected by JOGL and the purpose of each data collected:
|mandatory||guarantees the user's registration on the platform|
|first name||mandatory||display of a unique and customizable identity on the platform|
|last name||mandatory||display of a unique and customizable identity on the platform|
|nickname||mandatory||guarantees the chosen name exclusivity and allows for referencing by tagging mechanics|
|short bio||mandatory||display the user's most important information, so other users can quickly quickly see what are their main activities|
|country||mandatory||used for demographics|
|city||optional||used for demographics|
|birth year||mandatory||this is a private field that will not be seen by anyone except the user. Guarantees restrictive access control to minors in their country.|
|gender||mandatory||this is a private field that will not be seen by anyone except the user. Used for demographics|
|avatar||optional||increase personalization of the user’s profile|
|interests||mandatory||to direct the user towards projects, programs, communities, which share similar interests|
|skills||mandatory||propose projects, programs, needs, communities to learn, gain experience, review or mentor others|
|resources||optional||propose projects, programs, needs, communities to learn, gain experience, review or mentor others|
|company/school||mandatory||to help provide credibility, legitimacy to the user according to the reputation of the establishment|
|socio-professional category||mandatory||used for demographics|
Duration of storage of the user's personal data collected by JOGL
The user's personal data collected by JOGL is kept until it is deleted by the action of the user on its account.
Recipients of personal data collected by JOGL
The user’s personal data collected can be consulted within JOGL by:
- Management and IT Department: in order to ensure and correct any malfunction.
- The Data Protection Officer: within the framework, and if necessary, of an Impact Assessment on data protection
- The Communication Manager: if necessary the email addresses, first and last names in the context of sending publications (newsletters) to users who have consented to receive them.
Furthermore the subcontractor HEROKU, which hosts our IT server in Europe has the capacity to access the data as any provider does.
Your rights regarding your personal data
For any request relating to the exercise of your rights concerning the processing of your personal data, please contact us directly by email at data[at]jogl.io
You have the right to know what information is held about you.
The right of opposition allows you to object to the use of your data by an organization for a specific purpose. You must highlight "reasons for your specific situation and request", except in the case of commercial prospecting, to which you may object without cause.
The right of rectification makes it possible to correct any inaccurate data about you (an incorrect age or address for example) or to complete data (address without an apartment number) in relation with the processing purposes.
Whether it is an embarrassing photo on a website or information collected by an organization that you consider unnecessary, you can obtain its deletion if at least one of these situations corresponds to your case:
- Your data is used for prospecting purposes;
- The data is not or no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is used, was initially collected or processed;
- You withdraw your consent to the use of your data;
- Your data is unlawfully processed (e. g. publication of pirated data);
- Your data was collected when you were a minor in the context of information society(blog, forum, social network, website...);
- Your data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation;
- You have objected to the processing of your data and the person responsible for the file has no legitimate or compelling reason not to comply with this request
The right to limit your data is a right that complements your other rights (rectification, opposition...). If you question the accuracy of the data used by the organization or if you object to the processing of your data, the law authorizes the organization to carry out an audit or to review your application for a certain period of time. During this period, you have the opportunity to ask the organization to freeze the use of your data. In practice, it will no longer have to use the data but will have to keep them.
Conversely, you can directly request the limitation of certain data in the event that the organization itself wishes to delete them. This will allow you to keep the data, for example in order to exercise a right.
The right to portability offers people the possibility to recover part of their data in an open and machine-readable format. They can thus store or transmit them easily from one information system to another, for personal use.
This right applies if all three conditions are met:
- 1. The right to portability is limited to personal data provided by the data subject.
- 2. It only applies if the data are processed automatically (paper files are not therefore not concerned) and on the basis of the prior consent of the data subject or the execution of a contract concluded with the person concerned.
- 3. The exercise of the right to portability must not infringe the rights and freedoms of third parties, including data would be found in the data transmitted following a request for portability.
Source and more information on the site CNIL
Management of cookies