JOGL Africa brings together different stakeholders working on or interested in open science for sustainable development in Africa. We believe that the JOGL platform has a special role to play in strengthening the regional innovation ecosystem by linking actors from local, national, regional, and global levels.
Whether you are a student, educator, researcher, innovator, artist or entrepreneur, you have a role to play in the open science movement on the continent. Join this space to be updated on JOGL Africa projects and activities as well as workshops and events. Welcome!
What We Offer
- Targeted support to use the JOGL platform to mobilise and organise a community around your initiatives
- The opportunity to join existing JOGL communities, contribute to emerging initiatives like Africa Against AMR, and benefit from what they have to offer
- Participation in free events and workshops aimed at strengthening regional capacity in community science and innovation. You will also have the opportunity to showcase your initiatives at Just One Giant Summit.
- Connection to international mentors and project contributors who can support the realisation of your ideas
- Collaboration with JOGL to develop initiatives leveraging open science and tech for impact in Africa, for example the JOGL Plastic Waste Initiative aimed at tackling plastic waste in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs).
We believe the combination of open science and technology with Africa's youthful dynamism and inventiveness can play a key role in the continent's transformation, thus propelling us towards the Africa we want. Twende!