Welcome to the Open Source Face Mask Challenge!
1. Select the best designs by evaluating them thanks to the global community and experts from the OpenCovid19 Initiative.
2. Have the best designs manufactured by our partners and have them tested by health professionals.
3. Keep the mask designs that really work and share this information massively to manufacturers.
Join our discussions on the OpenCovid19 slack in the #proj-mask-team channel
Link to the list of existing designs:
Link to the evaluation form:
PHASE 1 - GATHERING ALL EXISTING DESIGNS
The deadline for this phase is Tuesday 24/03. Listing in a unique document (linked above) all the mask designs submitted by the contributors.
PHASE 2 - EVALUATING THE DESIGNS
The deadline for this phase is Sunday 29/03. Evaluating all the designs gathered and choosing the ones that best fit the criteria.
PHASE 3 - TESTING THE BEST DESIGNS
Manufacturing and performing a first test campaign on the picked designs.
PHASE 4 - SUBMISSION TO AUTHORITIES FOR APPROVAL
Submitting the best design(s) to authorities in order for them to be approved for medical use.
PHASE 5 - MASS MANUFACTURING
Launching the mass production of the approved mask(s) with the aid of industrial partners and contributors.
- Short Name: #maskchallenge
- Created on: March 21, 2020
- Last update: April 17, 2020